Thank you to Krystal for the banner!

Twilight Junkie

Welcome to the Twilight Junkie Blog. All things Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. Cast news, info and pictures updated daily!

Monday, January 11, 2010

Facinelli will ask Pattinson to Tweet?



Day 1 of the 2010 CBS Showtime Winter TCA in Pasadena brings this from the Nurse Jackie panel
via PopSugar :

We're bringing you some highlights from the Nurse Jackie panel, courtesy of Peter Facinelli. Facinelli may play Dr. Cooper on the small screen, but he seemed equally interested in talking about his big screen medical role, as Dr. Carlisle Cullen in Twilight, not to mention his love for Twitter (even saying that he'll ask Robert Pattinson to sign up for Twitter!) Here are some other highlights:

On taking part in both projects: I've had a very crazy schedule. There was a whole month when I was shooting Eclipse and Nurse Jackie at the same time, but it's invigorating. As soon as I get on set I have so much energy. It was really fun for me to do such contrasting roles because Carlisle is such a calming force and such a rock and foundation for this family, and Coop is none of that — he runs around like he's had four cans of Red Bull.

On making Eclipse: What I love about the third movie is that you get to see a side of Carlisle you haven't seen before, and what his vampire capabilities really are. There are some really great battle sequences. It's my favorite book. (Mine too!)

On the difference between Coop's Twitter account and his own: "He doesn't have nearly as many people following him [as I do].

On what we can expect some news about Breaking Dawn: I don't know. Usually the fans know things before I do.

On why he loves Twitter: I enjoy what Twitter is because I can really connect with the fans. It's a great way to share information with the fans. And it's a great way to entertain. I like being able to put a smile on people's faces, and I like being able to mix that up with sharing with them that's important, and also let them know what I'm doing. I've had people come to me and say "Hey will you tweet this out?" but I'm not into that. I like to keep my Twitter pure. I'm not going to sell my followers anything. I just want to have that fan base so I can tell them what I'm doing and entertain them.

On switching gears between Nurse Jackie and Twilight: For me it was really invigorating. You know in the first few episodes of Nurse Jackie, there is a scene where I am crying. That came out of me just being emotionally exhausted. It wasn't written that I was crying, but all of a sudden in the middle of the scene I broke down and started crying. And it just felt right for the scene. I redid the scene so I wasn't crying, but we felt like sine there were so many heavy emotions going on that it really worked for the scene. It was just me getting off an airplane, having three hours of sleep, and just being that vunerable that it hit me that hard. I really enjoyed doing both projects at the same time.

Is Carlisle really a good doctor?: Oh he's great! Because Carlisle has been around for so long. I think that he's very well educated and what I love about him is he has a love for humanity. People always ask me what kind of research you do to play a vampire. I say I do very little to play a vampire, because I'm playing a vampire who is trying to be human. My research is more what is it to be a human. Why does he love humanity so much, that he wanted to hold on to that. When you look at something like Twilight, the good vampires aren't necessarily good, they're eccentric. The bad vampires are just doing what they're born to do and made to do. It's kind of like domesticating a lion. For me, Carlisle is just holding on to that humanity. He doesn't want to be a vampire.

No comments:

Post a Comment